- Document versioning.
- Store many versions of the same document, download or revert to a previous
- Electronic signature verification.
- Check the authenticity of documents by verifying their embedded
cryptographic signatures or upload detached signatures for document
signed after they were stored.
- Collaboration tools.
- Discuss documents, or comment on new versions of a document.
- Office document format support.
- Mayan EDMS can detect the presence of Libre Office and use it to support
word processing files, spreadsheets and presentations.
- User defined metadata fields.
- Several metadata fields can be matched to a document type as per technical,
legal or structural requirements such as the Dublin core.
- Dynamic default values for metadata.
- Metadata fields can have an initial value, which can be static or determined
by an user provided template code snippet.
- Documents can be uploaded from different sources.
- Local file or server side file uploads, multifunctional copier, or even via
- Batch upload many documents with the same metadata.
- Clone a document’s metadata for speedier uploads and eliminate repetitive
- Previews for many file formats.
- Mayan EDMS provides image preview generation for many popular file
- Full text searching.
- Documents can be searched by their text content, their metadata or any other
file attribute such as name, extension, etc.
- Configurable document grouping.
- Automatic linking of documents based on metadata values or document
- Roles support.
- It is possible to create an unlimited amount of different roles not being
restricted to the traditional admin, operator, guest paradigm.
- Fine grained permissions system.
- There is a permission for every atomic operation performed by users.
- Multi page document support.
- Multiple page PDFs and TIFFs files are supported.
- Automatic OCR processing.
- The task of transcribing text from documents via OCR can be distributed
among several physical or virtual computers to decrease load and increase
- Multilingual user interface.
- Mayan EDMS being written using the Django framework, can be translated
to practically any language spoken in the world. For a list of translated
languages have a look at the Transifex project location.
- Multilingual OCR support.
- The current language of the document is passed to the corresponding OCR
engine to increase the text recognition rate.
- Plugable storage backends.
- It is very easy to use 3rd party plugins such as the ones available for
- Color coded tagging.
- Labeled and color coded tags can be assigned for intuitive recognition.
- Keep track of the state of documents, along with the log of the previous